Join YAH Teaching Artist Dan Gordon for this free theater workshop at Woodchase Park. With movies, television and video games, children are accustomed to having special effects create scenes for them. Storytelling allows children the empowerment of creating scenes for themselves. This workshop will help students enhance their reading, writing and speaking, exploring imagination to find their own, personal voice. They will have fun learning techniques of body language, facial expression, gesture, articulation, voice fluctuation and timing to create powerful and entertaining characters. They will also gain an understanding of story structure while practicing valuable listening skills that, through perception and difference, help develop vocabulary, extending these essential lessons beyond the classroom. Recommended for ages 2 – adult.
- Spring Break Comes to Life at Woodchase Park
- We Need Your Vote – Woodchase Park is Nominated for a Prestigious People’s Choice Award (Vote By Jan. 13, 2023)
- Rugby, Dog Adoption, Movie Night, Trick or Treat, Hoops Fest, and Smart Financial’s Christmas Celebration Highlight Fall/Winter Events
- Stay Fit at Woodchase Park
- Water Fun, Art in the Park, Movie Nights, and More: June – July Programs for All ages Lined up