Join YAH Teaching Artist Kalpana Subbarao for this free dance workshop at Woodchase Park. Using poetry from grade-specific curriculum and the story-telling Indian classical dance form Kathak, students will learn concepts of rhythm, meter, verse, mood, figurative language, simile, metaphor, hyperbole, etc. They will put together this information and gather an understanding of the content by creating movement and dance compositions. Throughout this residency, the students will learn to build relationships and work with each other to solve problems with both critical and creative thinking. This program works well with a poetry unit for the classroom with showcase performances to the class. A longer residency will allow the classroom to prepare a showcase performance for others. Recommended for ages 2 – adult.
- Water Fun, Art in the Park, Movie Nights, and More: June – July Programs for All ages Lined up
- Make it Grow: District Launches Community Garden Program
- Spend Spring Break 2022 at Woodchase Park
- Woodchase Park, New Destination for Year-Round Events, Fitness, Arts and Culture, Opens in Westchase District
- Westchase District Hosts Preview Event